Regular maintenance and care of your AC system is key to keeping your system up and running and helping it to perform its best.
Some of the most common issues can be prevented with a little regular care. Sarah’s Air recommends making it a monthly habit to check your own system. These two simple tips can save headaches, save money on unnecessary service, and prevent bigger issues:
- Replace Filters. We recommend replacing your filters at least once a month. These air filter vents can be found either at your ceiling return or at your air handler (typically located in your attic, closet, or garage).
- Drain Line Care. Treat your drain line with a cup of white vinegar to prevent/reduce the bacterial growth that will commonly clog your drain line.
While these two things will help keep your system up and running, having a technician service your system can help your system run its best. This can also help spot potential issues before they become a bigger problem. Our technicians can perform an annual or semi-annual maintenance visit and check such things as the following:
- Inspection - Operational testing, Condenser/Air Handler environment, Split temperatures, oil leaks, component conditions, wiring and electrical connections.
- Adjustments - Belt tension & alignment, drive couplings, bearings, etc.
- Electrical - Test electrical components such as fan motor amp/volts in relation to FLA/RLA manufacture specifications, capacitors, relays, etc., check & tighten electrical connections.
- Cleaning - Condensate drain pans & lines, blower impellers and fan blades.
- Filters - Replace and date filter media according to agreement schedule.
- Coil Cleaning - Annual coil cleaning (both Evaporator & Condenser).
- Report - Interval report of system status, performance trends, service recommendations and pictures.